We’re extremely proud to be the headline sponsor for The Fostering Excellence Awards 2023, the UK’s most prestigious foster care awards. These awards celebrate outstanding achievement in fostering and recognise those who make exceptional contributions to foster care every day.
The Fostering Excellence Awards, sponsored by The Mortgage Brain, shine a spotlight on some of the incredible foster carers, young people with care experience, sons and daughters, social workers and others in the fostering community. See all the award categories below. Nominations for the Fostering Excellence Awards 2023 are now closed and winners will be announced at the awards ceremony taking place in October. The ceremony is a wonderful opportunity to celebrate the fostering community and highlight their amazing achievements. We can’t wait to get together to shine a spotlight on everything they do. We’re proud to be Foster Carer mortgage specialists and are passionate about helping Foster Carers find an affordable mortgage and really be able to make a difference.
Award categories 2023
• The Fostering Network award for foster carers, sponsored by The Mortgage Brain
recognises foster carers who have made an exceptional contribution to foster care.
• The Fostering Network award for kinship foster carers, sponsored by The Mortgage Brain
recognises kinship foster carers who have made an exceptional contribution to foster care.
• The Fostering Network award for children of foster carers, sponsored by Williams Giles
celebrates children of foster carers aged 24 and under who have welcomed and supported a child who has come to live with them.
• The Fostering Network award for a social work team
recognises fostering teams who are delivering excellent practice which is helping to improve outcomes for children and young people in foster care.
• The Fostering Network award for young people, sponsored by John Lewis Partnership
celebrates all types of achievements by young people with experience of foster care, aged 16-24.
• Fostering Community Supporter award
recognises a person or group of people who have given their time and effort to promote or support fostering.
• Fostering Friendly employer of the year award
recognises a Fostering Friendly employer who has supported foster carers in their employment.